What is the FIT9 workout?
FIT9 is a one-hour full body workout designed to help you achieve your physical and mental best. Our goal is to get you from where you are now to where you want to be. Fit9 can help you achieve this by blending the heart-pumping, fat-shredding elements of high intensity interval training (HIIT) with muscle-building, high performance elements of metabolic conditioning (MetCon).
The FIT9 workout devotes equal time to various high-intensity drills on the Technogym Skillmill™ and weighted and body-weight work on the floor using soft-plyo boxes, Crosscore equipment, compound exercises and boxing using the Aqua Bag. FIT9’s group-oriented classes are the first in the United States to use Unity Self, SkillMill’s performance-tracking software, which uses each person’s fitness data as a motivational tool to improve performance.
- By downloading the Technogym My Wellness App, all performance information from the Skillmill, such as “moves,” calories burned, and total mileage is saved after each session and over time. This information is used to track performance over time, and the number of MOVES are used for performance challenges for prizes. Moves are based on METS which is an energy expenditure gauge. The more energy you exert the more moves you earn, which equals more results and prizes.
- Classes are broken down into four, 15-minute segments, for a total of 60 thrilling minutes. One of the 15 minute segments on the Skillmill entails “Speed and Stamina,” which includes sprinting, walking and running with resistance, and running with a variance of speed and resistance with little break. A second block on the Skillmill is “Power and Agility,” which include drills on a high resistance such as high sled pushes, side shuffles, figure 8’s and burpee jumps. During the 15-minute metabolic conditioning segment on the floor, weights, balls, soft plyo boxes, bands, and crosscores are only a few of the tools used to keep one’s heartrate up and those muscles toned. The last of the 9 elements, coordination, is showcased and combined with the other 8 in the final block: boxing on the aqua bag.
What makes the FIT9 philosophy different from other workout programs?
The comprehensive workout is designed to push participants to the limit and empower them to keep striving to be better. Our workout focuses on nine essential elements of fitness and the science of muscle toning and fat burning. Our high-end equipment and state-of-the-art program makes it easy for anyone to reach their fitness goals.
Who should attend FIT9?
FIT9 is for anyone who wants a fun workout that produces results. We cater to those who want to become a better version of themselves, physically and mentally, through hard work, consistency and perseverance. Whether you’re a true “fitness junkie” or someone who simply wants an effective workout in limited time, this is the place for you.
How do I sign up for a FIT9 workout?
How often should I attend a FIT9 workout?
We recommend that our fitness enthusiasts attend a FIT9 workout three or more days per week for best results, but one class is better than no classes!
I've never experienced anything like FIT9 before, what should I expect? Is it going to be too hard? Can I keep up?
FIT9 is set up in “stations,” rows that contain the SkillMill, plyo boxes, weights, Crosscore and the Aqua Bag. As you progress, you make your way down the row, performing that class’s particular set of exercises meant to build maximum performance and endurance.
Participants will appreciate the ease of transition from station to station. The workout is totally scalable, as each lane will have access to the right equipment to fit the user’s needs. FIT9 is a no-judgment workout that anyone should feel comfortable doing. There are always modifications we can make to accommodate for, or further challenge, any attendee.
Is boxing safe?
Yes, boxing is totally safe! In fact, we use a special punching bag called the Aqua Bag, which is designed to absorb impact and protect joints. If there are still concerns about boxing, participants can skip over the boxing station.
We now offer FIT9 Boxing 101 classes 3 times a week that focus on form and the fundamentals of boxing on the aqua bag @FIT9ATL. Each class is 30 minutes with a maximum of 10 people for more individualized attention. Schedule: Tuesday 10a, Thursday 1:15p and Saturday 12:15p. $25/class
Does FIT9 offer personal training?
YES! We offer one on one and group private training @FIT9ATL. Please email us at email@example.com or call us to schedule your session. Pricing is available online.
Where is FIT9 located?
FIT9 is located at 56 East Andrews Dr NW Suite 235 Atlanta, Georgia, GA 30305
What do I need for a FIT9 class?
Participants need to bring:
- Boxing gloves and wraps (they are also available for purchase at FIT9)
- Running or athletic sneakers
- A water bottle
- A positive attitude and an open mind!
Before class participants need to:
- Please download “My Wellness” App to sync to the performance monitoring aspect of the Skillmill you will use during class. If you do not want to use your phone to track these elements, we also sell a bracelet for $20 that allows you to move on and off the Skillmill with ease.
- Boxing Gloves and Wraps (they are also available to RENT AND buy @FIT9ATL)
Can I get changed and get ready for class at FIT9?
Yes! We have men’s and women’s locker rooms, complete with showers and towels.
I’m attending FIT9 for the first time. What should I do?
New clients must arrive 10 minutes early to their first FIT9 class. During this time period, we will acquaint you to the SkillMill and other machines you will be using during the class. Because of this necessary time to acquaint clients to the equipment, newcomers are not allowed in if they are running more than 5 minutes late.
I’m running a few minutes late for class. Can I still come?
We allow latecomers to join up to 5 minutes after class start time. After 5 minutes, we do not allow anyone into class unless FIT9 was notified by phone or email ahead of time.
What’s your cancellation policy?
All class cancellations must be made 12 hours before the class, no exceptions.
What’s your No Show policy?
If you fail to cancel your class and do not show up, you will be charged a $15 “NO SHOW” fee, in addition to losing your class.
What’s your refund policy?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds on classes or packages. Packages are non-transferable.